The average refresh rate for most monitors in general is 60 to 75Hz some models have higher refresh rates and in this case the user guide will provide the correct specification.
Windows 8 and 10
1. Right click on START --> CONTROL PANEL
2. Double-click on DISPLAY
3. Click "Change display settings" in right hand margin.
4. Click on "Advanced settings"
5. Click on "Monitor" Tab
6. Under "Monitor Settings" is "Screen refresh rate"
Click on START --> SETTINGS --> CONTROL PANEL
Double-click on DISPLAY
Click "Change display settings" in right hand margin.
Click on "Advanced settings"
Click on "Monitor" Tab
- Under "Monitor Settings" is "Screen refresh rate"
For Mac users running OS X, you can go to System Preferences and click on Display. Here you can change the refresh rate for an external display connected to your Mac.
Some video cards may have their own utility software with its own instructions. Please refer to your graphic card's user guide for instructions to change the refresh rate.