- Click on Start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Double click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
- Click on the Set up a new connection or network link.
- Click on Set up a new network.
- Click on the wireless router or access point you want to connect to.
- Click on Next.
- If WEP encryption is not enabled for the SSID, disable Data encryption.
- If WEP encryption is enabled, uncheck the box for “The key is provided for me automatically” and enter the WEP key in Network key and Confirm Network Key. If the Network key is provided automatically by the wireless network, leave it as is.
- Click OK.
For more detailed explanation and instructions on how to setup a wireless network, click on the link below to view information from the Microsoft web page.